Friday, October 2, 2015

How Californian am I..

Hello everybody..I hope you're all well!
Welcome to my new blog, for those who don't know what is going on here, well you can also find me on "Maria's Fashion Day" and here is a link to the post, where I explain it all...
Since I moved across the ocean I noticed that I never talked about how it is to live in California, I mentioned few things here and there, (again, on my other blog) but I never actually talked about if it had any impact on my life, so I thought let's talk about few "typical Californian" stereotypes, but instead of talking about the stereotype itself, you know if it's true or not and so on, let's change things up a bit and list down how and if it changed my life, after almost one and a half years of living here...



Stereotype #1: Day and Night at the Beach. I think we all can agree that we're pretty sure that people in California are obsessed with the beach or at least we think so, well..I've been to the beach only once since I moved here, but probably only because I don't live close to it. But I do understand the fascination about it, it's beautiful..I can't really tell if I would hang out there all the time or not, I never had a beach close to me, and by close I mean 10 min of walking..but who knows things can change really fast..

Stereotype #2: Avocado Craving. Before I moved here I didn't really care much for Avocados, well, that changed a lot, now I get excited when I see Avocados on sale, you can eat them with pretty much everything, I don't think there is anything else that needs to be said.. 

Stereotype #3: Hot Weather Obsession. I do love many things about this place and I do love the sun and the warm weather, but I don't want it every day, all year long. I sure do miss the rain and a cold winter morning and sometimes it feels like nobody else is sharing the same feeling with me..but that's okay I guess..

Stereotype #4: Everybody is a Surfer. Never. Ever. Will. I. Go. Surfing. In. My. Life. Come on people it's terrifying!

Stereotype #5: Mexican Food 24/7. Again, I couldn't care less before, since I'm here, it's all I want to eat, I'm not sure why, maybe because it's almost everywhere and all the options you have here are secretly brainwashing you.

So here we go guys, here are my 5 stereotypes, maybe I'm going to do 5 more someday. I hope you'll like this post and please let me know what you think. 



Stay tuned and have an amazing day! -Maria


note: all pictures were taken by me, unless otherwise stated.

No comments: